A 22-year-old man has been electrocuted to death while charging his mobile phone in bed.

The unnamed victim was alone at his apartment waiting on a visit from a relative in Thailand’s Nakhon Ratchasima province on Monday night.

The family member arrived to find the man motionless in bed clutching his device, which was still connected to the wall socket.

He was found with burn marks on his hands. An autopsy revealed the victim had died five hours before the relative arrived, according to reports.

The victim’s mother described her son as ‘hard working’. She said from a young age he would travel to the market with his parents to help them sell vegetables.

The death comes months after a factory worker was electrocuted charging his phone and using earphones at the same time in Thailand.

Kritsada Supol was found dead on his mattress with his Samsung device plugged into a power point with a cheap charging cable in February.

The property owner visited the room in Chonburi the next morning and found the 24-year-old’s body on the mattress with signs of burning around his ears.

He appeared to have been listening to music or talking to someone, with the microphone section of the earphones resting over his lips.

Police from the Phan Thong Provincial Police Station in Chonburi, Thailand, arrived and carried the dead body from the property.

Police Captain Jaleuk Polthong said police believe that Kritsada was electrocuted while using the earphones and charging his smartphone at the same time. (DAILYMAIL)