Thursday, April 3, 2025

Students to take their lessons through radio and TV as education ministry patches new learning technique amid contact hour crisis

- Advertisement -

By Adama Makasuba

The Ministry of Basic and Secondary Education announced on Friday students across the country will now take their lessons through the radio and TV following the shutting down of schools over COVID-19.

- Advertisement -

President Adama Barrow earlier this week ordered that all schools across the country be closed after a woman was tested positive for coronavirus. Officials have since been travelling continents over how to recover contact hours that students are set to lose.

The education ministry has now said it has been in engagement with media houses for the past two days and agreements are made to have lessons on radio and television stations across the country starting Monday, 23rd March 2020.

“Parents and caregivers are urged to use this as an opportunity to keep children at home to make the best use of the days they are out of school and also as a means to protect them from the deadly COVID – 19,” the ministry said.

[td_block_7 custom_title="Popular Posts" block_template_id="td_block_template_14" header_text_color="#222222" top_border_color="#f4f4f4" bottom_border_color="#444444" header_color="#f4f4f4" m6f_title_font_family="" f_header_font_weight="500" f_header_font_transform="uppercase" f_header_font_size="14" offset="20"]

Reset password

Enter your email address and we will send you a link to change your password.

Get started with your account

to save your favourite homes and more

Sign up with email

Get started with your account

to save your favourite homes and more

By clicking the «SIGN UP» button you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy
Powered by Estatik