By Omar Wally
Superintendent David Kujabi, who served as Police public relation officer, from 2012 to 2015, is back as the new Police public relation officer. He replaced Assistant Superintendent Foday Conta, who is now his deputy.
David was credited for improving the relationship between the media and the police during his time as PRO.
In an interview with The Fatu Network, the outgoing PRO Conta now deputy PRO, said the reason for David coming back as PRO, is geared towards fulfilling the promise made by the Inspector General of Police to expand the Police PRO unit, during his first interview with GRTS.
“ With David’s experience, it is wise to bring him back in that position, so that I can work closely with him.”
Assistant Superintendent Conta said they are recruiting other people so that they can decentralized their regional spokespersons.
David’s Bio David holds BA English Language & Sociology – University of The Gambia 2005 – 2009 •
Higher Teacher’s Certificate – The Gambia College – April 2004
• Senior Secondary School Certificate – Fatima Senior Secondary School – 1998
• Certificate, Cadet Officers Course – Ghana Police College – August 2012
• Certificate, Cadet Development Course – The Gambia Police Academy – April 2011
• Certificate, Basic Police Training Course – The Gambia Police Academy – November 2010
• Certificate, International Police Officers Course (IPOC)-SWEDINT – 16 – 27 February 2015
• Certificate, Harmonized Approach to Cash Transfers to Implementing Partners (HACT), Sponsored by the UNDP, UNICEF & UNFPA Banjul, The Gambia – 24 – 25 June 2014
• Certificate, Training on Capacity building on Legal Matters affecting The Police – 9 – 11 June 2015
• Certificate, Integrated Induction Training – Elfasher, Darfur, Sudan – 26 to 29 July 2105 • Certificate, Safe and Secure Approaches in Field Environments (SSAFE) Training – Elfasher, Darfur, Sudan – 05 to 06 August 2015.